5 Days Beach to Beach Safari
A Complete Safari From Diani Beach to Tsavo West, Amboseli & Tsavo East
5 Days, 4 Nights: Tsavo West National Park – Amboseli National Park – Tsavo East National Park
Starting from/returning to Diani Beach area resorts. We’ll pick you up from your hotel. Begin your safari in the comfort of a private pop-top safari minivan.
Venture out from your coastal vacation with this very complete safari package. 5 days will give you lots of time to see the land, the wildlife and appreciate Africa’s endless beauty. You’ll return to the beach with photos, memories and stories to tell!
The Tsavo parks are the largest in Kenya and boast the “big five” wildlife along with other hunters, grazers and hundreds of bird species. The land here is varied, rugged and rolls deep into the horizon, calling out to be explored. And explore them you will, on the many game drives through these celebrated reserves.
There’s so much you’ll love about Amboseli National Park , from its immense herds of elephants to its looming neighbor, the all-imposing Mt. Kilimanjaro – tallest peak in Africa. Here you’ll have opportunities to view a diversity of wildlife like cheetah, lion and wildebeest. So, let’s get started!
Your driver/guide from Natural World Kenya Safaris will pick you up early from your Diani Beach or south coast resort and head out for the scenic drive to Tsavo West National Park. The trip will include refreshment stops along the way.
Arriving at the gate of Tsavo West, you’ll appreciate the varied land forms that make up this great park – towering rocky peaks, rolling plains, ancient volcanic cones and cool, green springs. The wildlife is abundant and varied here as well.
If there is time, we may visit the rhino sanctuary here in the park. After enjoying the wildlife you’ll stay at your choice of safari lodge or tented camp here in the park.
Tsavo West National Park
– Scenic hills and valleys
– Game viewing drives
– Crocodile, hippo, exotic fish and migratory birds at the Mzima springs
– Africa’s limitless expanses of the wild.
– Lava flows
– Recent Volcanoes
Amboseli National Park
– Mount Kilimanjaro, highest mountain in Africa
– Swamps below observation hill hosting large herds of elephants, buffalo, hippo and a variety of water fowls like pelican, Egyptian goose.
– A glimpse of African homesteads & cultures
Tsavo East National Park
– Game viewing drives
– Lion, elephant, cheetah, giraffe, buffalo, antelope, warthog, ostrich, Baboons, birds…
– Herds of dust-red elephant wallowing, rolling or simply foraging
– The beautiful man made Aruba dam located on the north bank of the seasonal Voi River, is visited by thousands of animals and is a great game viewing destination.
– Mudanda Rock – this whale-backed rock towers above a natural dam, which acts as a draw to thousands of elephants
Masai village visit at Amboseli (arrange with your driver guide) = $ 20 per person – Optional
DeparturePlease arrive by 7:00 AM for a prompt departure at 7:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 7:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
IncludedAll Museum TicketsMeals
Not IncludedAccommondationPersonal GuideTransportation/CarTypical Souvenir
Day 1: Departure
- DIANI – TSAVO WEST (240 km – approx. 4.5 hrs) Meal Plan: Lunch, Dinner
- Pick up from your Diani beach hotel/location and proceed to Mombasa via the Likoni Channel & ferry crossing.
- Proceed on the interior drive along the Mombasa-Nairobi highway.
- The 240 km, 5-hour drive on smooth tarmac shall include refreshment stops.
Day 2: Tsavo West – Amboseli National Park
- We’ll arise with the dawn to welcome in the new day on our first game drive. After breakfast we’ll visit Mzima Springs and enjoy a walking safari, taking in the clear waters here, home to hippos, crocodiles, different fish species and lots of birdlife.
- Then we’ll turn south for the short trip to Amboseli Park. The looming peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro will announce that you have arrived. The afternoon will be an easy blend of relaxation and game drives. Dinner and accommodations for this evening are right here in the park.
Day 3: All Amboseli National Park
- We’ll be up early for our first game drive, and weather permitting, you may be able to see the majesty of Mt. Kilimanjaro’s snow-capped peak. We’ll breakfast and then have a leisurely mid-morning drive, taking in the scenery and wildlife.
- After a relaxing lunch we’ll set out for an afternoon safari to take in Amboseli’s many herds of free-ranging elephants, plus buffalo, impala, lion, giraffe, zebra and so much more in this comfortable park.
- If you wish, there will be an opportunity to visit the local Maasai people in a nearby village. Just ask your driver/guide to arrange a tour.
- Throughout the day you’ll also have opportunities to relax at your accommodation. It’s all up to you.
Day 4: Amboseli National Park – Tsavo East
- Another early rise gives us more opportunities to greet the day with views of Kilimanjaro and the stirring of our wildlife companions. After a big safari breakfast, our journey continues to Tsavo East National Park.
- At Tsavo you can partake in an easy afternoon game drive as we keep an eye out for lion, buffalo, zebra, baboon, cheetah, duiker, hartebeest, jackal and dozens more species. You’re becoming an experienced safari goer now with a keener appreciation for the richness of these natural parks.
Day 5: Tsavo East – Diani Beach
- Our final early morning will bring us up close to the awakening day with a closing game drive. While at Tsavo East we’ll visit natural and man-made reservoirs where the wildlife come to replenish. Then we’ll enjoy lunch overlooking the immense expanse of the park before packing up and heading down the road back to Diani Beach. You are sure to feel a sense of satisfaction now that you have experienced so much of what nature and Kenya have to offer.
- All-Inclusive. Your 5-Day Tsavo West/Amboseli/Tsavo East safari includes all ground transportation, accommodation in a choice of economy, comfort or luxury safari lodges/tented camps, park entrance fees, game drives, all meals and pickup/drop off at your Diani and south coast locations.
- Transportation between parks and game viewing will be in a private 4 x 4 Land Cruiser Jeep – this vehicle is the safari standard with its higher seating and rugged all-wheel drive.
- You can also opt for a pop-top Safari minivan instead at a discounted rate. Your Guide. You’ll be guided, hosted and cared for by an expert and experienced driver/guide.
- Customize Your Holiday.
- If you’d like to customize your safari or have any special desires, please let us know. We’re here to make your safari wishes come true.
- Safari departing locations & pickup times:
- Diani Beach resorts – 0430 hrs
- Galu Beach resorts – 0430 hrs
- Msambweni Beach resorts – 0430 hrs
- Tiwi Beach resorts – 0430 hrs